For a 'Soldier'

I am old and I am free,
wondering little, how I get this liberty !
I enjoy freedom and the bliss of life,
not knowing enough, how you strive!

Still I complain, regret and fret,
for what I have not got,
and what I should get!

I learn to move on never looking back
little or not concerned,
How I will pay thy debts !

Debts what I said
is Duty for you,
But selfish as I am
who can’t even smile back at you !

For the countless sacrifices
you continue to make,
I had not dared to put it in words
and try to elaborate !

For all that you do
Is beyond my comprehension,
The selfless spirit
sacrificing life without apprehension!

The real feeling of brotherhood
and team spirit you have,
For us in this free world
is mere tableau to have!

In toughest moments
you continue to fight,
That ‘unseen enemy’
unannounced, as he strikes!

The challenges of ‘Mother Nature’
continue to inspire,
However valiant be the effort,
but you are seldom admired!

Till a day comes
when you lay your life,
In protecting your mother land
leaving everything behind!

I continue to cry for me and mine
never ever thinking that
Your motherland was equally mine.

Salute you ‘soldier’
for the supreme sacrifice you made
When I was busy making money
unabated by the thoughts of struggle you faced!

Inspired by a Soldier ....... 'Aks'

Comments

Hardeep said…
Beautiful - you have managed to convey what you feel with some lovely words!
Aks said…
@Hardeep
Thanks buddy! You know what I said when I was reading 'The Diary....'
I feel like writting. This time the feeling just got intense and it came out here :-)
Thanks again for being appreciative, always !
Anonymous said…
wish other ppl around te globe cld read ur post n acknowledge the real heroes...we all living nicely in our cozy room..dont knw every sec someone is there protecting us...
while on the face of ppl its appears we are at peace but the reality os somewhat else..

nice thots!! beautiful :)
Aks said…
@Dream Catcher !
Thanksn the thoughts are inspired by a soldier and as I told the soldier I am taking the credit of penning it down.
I sincerely wish what you said !
But on the contrary the fact is that
Reality is bitter
and it bites,
Thats why we are scared
and we close our eyes!
Shivansh said…
Thanks Akshay! (on behalf of entire community)
Aks said…
@ Nitin
Thanks to you buddy who continues to inspire.
Anonymous said…
cheers to our soldiers.

cheers to your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Even This Will Pass Away

'kyon'