"Niagara Trip Travel"

Fun filled trip that started with the adventure and was fascinating all the way long... To start with it here is just the description of travel and it may be surprising to call a simple plane journey an adventure but it indeed was...

Snippets of flight journey in US need special mention( atleast my experience)

"Flight has been delayed but you can travel by another flight which is about to depart in 15 mts." I was excited that I might reach Atlanta sooner than anticipated but to my dismay I was stranded at the airport for an hour and half. Finally, this flight actually left after my scheduled flight and I just managed to take my connecting flight. I noticed the most interesting part only then, the travel time on my tickets showed two and half hrs while it took only 70 mts on board to reach Atlanta. I think they plan the delays in the itenarary itself :P

Flight was about to land at Atlanta airport where on the last moments signal was received that there is no parking on the taxiway and my flight took off into the air, once again...
"Wow !!! two take offs in one journey" ;)...

Atlanta airport....... I only wish I could click some pictures to share what I saw..

On my return trip, the journey was no less exciting. Flight pilot gave the instruction to staff to get ready for landing when suddenly there were screams in the plane. Reason, pilot initially descended towards the left and then suddenly took a turn towards right.. Reminded me of the spinning action that air force officers are trained at, although ours was only a half spin ;) But the lady behind my seat was so tensed in these two seconds that she started weeping. To confess, I too had screamed... I boarded new aircraft and met Mamta, a Purdue university post doc student from Mumbai and it was surprising to find that she had experienced exactly the same incident on her aircraft.... I just hope I will not have such adventures in future in the AIR... Whew!!

Though air travel scared me a bit but the fact is that I have so far thorougly enjoyed all the drives, be it to Madison, Monroe Lake, Chicago, Niagara Falls from New Jersey speeding at high rate alongwith loud music on straight highways or freeways in US. It becomes all the more joyous when you are accompanied with your friends who love singing, shouting, talking, arguing, mimickering .... navigating and loosing the way, speaking right but showing wrong directions with hands, doing all those small things and fighting over them... All this and more made part of my journey in Chevy's Impala car that we had rented from New Jersey.

Travelling home from Indy to Columbus was again fun with loud music, drive in rain with my roomie who had come all the way to pick me from the airport....

Though this is not all about the visit; apart from travel there is whole lots to share about the beauty of Niagara and hectic life in New Jersey that I would soon come up with..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even This Will Pass Away

'kyon'