Happy Alone !!

The moments associated with change are most difficult to handle for me especially when the change is visible. There is no denying the fact that Life is all about change but sometimes you get so used to for living in one part of world with someone that it becomes part of your life. The whole set up becomes your life. For sometime, thats how you define your life. But one fine day a change comes; either from your within or from outside world and moves the entire setup. Sometimes you challenge the whole reality of your being and shake the whole set up or this change is forced upon you by n number of circumstances.

Much aptly stated in Who Moved My Cheese, my Cheese has been moved. A roomie has walked out and another walked in after vacation. I am not dependent on either of them but I like them both personally. Only change that is going to come is in the intererpersonal distance. I dread people moving away from me. I know they are right there but there is someting within my that tells me that I am loosing them. I know things would be fine from tomorrow but these transition moments that I am spending by myself are difficult.

This happens only for some people though... may be the ones that I spend day in and day out with..... The funniest part is that I am ok if I move out.. What a realisation!! I have moved out so many times, never looked back, never gone back... then what am I dreading!! Why am I scared? Nobody ever promised me to be there for me for life long. I never bothered when I moved on then what is hitting me... I dont think there is a meaning to it. I just got a chance after 9 months to be on my own, the way I had come here.... All Alone!!

Happy Alone !!

Comments

i have changed rooms and roomies too..and this feeling always comes up...just when you think that you are finally settling down, change knocks on the door....
Anonymous said…
Happiness is more about being close to yourself, comfortable with once own thoughts than just being with others.One might feel unhappy even in congregation or be in a bliss while being alone.
~counter arguments heartily welcome
Aks said…
@VoD
Very true, I think just human nature and we have all kind of accepted this a part of life. We may be opening the door for change little unhappily but after a while we only invite it... for whatever reasons..

@Anonymous
I donot doubt a word in what you have mentioned. This article came out while I was alone... and as it states that I was Happy Alone..
I enjoy both company of others and being alone equally though it looks like that you identified the article as having been written in gloomy phase. Those were some moments I gave to myself to identify the change and be on my own thereafter.
If you understand Hindi.. "Khushi baantne se badhti hai... " While I wrote these I shared it with myself :) kyon ki shayad kuch kasak thi dil mein...
Anyways heartiest thanks!!
I identified few things from your comments which might help me in future write ups...
Bohemian said…
did u ever have this feeling of moving about in ur birthday suit at any point of time widout anyone wanting to bother u, but unfortunately not lucky enuf?
well, then pal, this is ur golden chance ;-)
on a more serious note, living alone has its own sweet perks, i'm sure most will agree!
Aks said…
@Bohemian

Nice comments... :)
I think each of us face situation like this or even worse.

What I am learning from hearing from you is that I am not alone blessed with such at times ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Even This Will Pass Away

'kyon'