Visit to Gurudwara

Start of the day with...

sarve santu sukhinaah,
Sarve bhavantu niramaya,
sarve bhadrani pashyantu
maa kashchid dukh bhaag bhavet

ok this came from radio that I play quite often on my office laptop. Sweet little thing that a friend of mine shared with me which allows me to refrain from keeping music albums on my official laptop. Though this was only for a small stint but it was a perfect start of the day before I got back to usual business of heading to office to face bug and debug those and pay back with interest the penalty for taking an unannounced day off...

But again 'Thank God Its Friday' and there is more to come...Apart from regular orkutting and chit chat on gtalk with close buddies I encountered this special incident (special for me atleast) where in a close friend of mine (boy) described his plight by saying, Akshay mere saath kal bahut bura hua, main kisi ko munh dikhane layek nahi raha... I could not resist laughing and this statement came when I was on phone talking to a customer ... I was awestruck as to how to handle the situation, to laugh, to be mesmerised, to respond on phone, to be indifferent... In short it was fun moments as always with PNG...Man, you rock !!
Day closed earlier than usual at 4 pm and we headed in Pontiac G6 towards Indy, not to mention my mostly accessed favorite destination, to drop frns at airport. Why did I go when I do not even drive ?

I went to Gurudwara, yes the most serene place I ever find when I want time by myself in the company of many people.

I guess this was the best part of the day with me indulging in some 'Seva' and then eating besan ke ladoo n chai n pakoras. And keeping up with the standard of food made available in Grudwaras the enthusiasm of the sevadars working there was laudable. Especially, the old lady who convened the entire show was amazing. An authoritative old Punjabi lady, she was an epitome of love, hard work, sincere gracious woman who ensured that all went well for the evening. Youngsters indeed were having fun answering her back on her yelling.

Then began the evening programme of kirtan followed by 'langar'. It was indeed fun to be with so many people from same cultural background performing rituals that I saw while growing up. I realised I lived another day in my own company doing what I felt like doing though with an exception of thought which was shared during the discourse. But then that's how life is when you are in community. You may not accept all ideas but for once you listen to those which turn out quite disturbing. I personally hated the fact that one line of thought / belief was condemned to prove other right / better. As I have started seeing life there is nothing absolutely right or wrong. Its just a matter of relativity given a situation and no situation can be described perfect. I love to respect opinions but if only they are not prejudiced with self vested interests. Again this sentence is pretty much relative and can be understood in different ways. And this is all I kept thinking on my drive back to Columbus when I finally decided to steer the Pontiac G6... Yes I drove this car today and nevertheless to mention it was a sheer pleasure :)

Loved these lines
Don't gain the world and lose your soul,
wisdom is better than silver or gold.
Bob Marley

Comments

Caladrius said…
i dun think dere's ne faith/religion as such dat'll condemn some other belief to prove themselves better.... it s always some extremist people dat spread such nonsense.....

yummmm! i love the langar.......
Aks said…
U r right Sushant but thats not how the speakers/ moderators / leads of any group think and put their words across. Their aggression can be interpreted in different ways..
Hardeep said…
Relativity is the only absolute.
Aks said…
But your line is absolutely true Hardeep !!

Popular posts from this blog

Even This Will Pass Away

'kyon'